Kate Stanton Inn – Not Ordinary – Extraordinary
Why stay at an ordinary hotel when you can stay at North County, San Diego’s most special luxury inn – located atop a hill with breathtaking ocean views, just walking distance to award-winning world-class beaches, and a short bike ride over to the charming historic town of Encinitas where you can stroll unique shops, cafes and restaurants. The innkeepers are happy to help you with all your daily plans, from restaurant recommendations, shopping and dining to surf lessons and neighboring beach town day trip guides.
In the Neighborhood
Kate Stanton Inn is situated in the most desirable of San Diego Beach communities, Encinitas. Recently named among the 20 best surf towns in the world by National Geographic, Encinitas wears its surf history proudly. Located along six miles of Pacific Ocean coastline, Encinitas is an unspoiled reminder of the historic Highway 101 California beach culture.
The neighborhood’s eclectic downtown has a rarified ‘old-town’ charm with its unique and dynamic blend of San Diego’s top surf shops, restaurants, coffeehouses and record stores. The beaches in Encinitas are coveted by locals as hidden gems.
The boutique inn is also within walking distance of the beautiful and legendary Moonlight Beach and Carlsbad State Beach.
- 3 miles from the San Diego Botanic Garden.
- 3 miles from La Costa Resort and Spa, home to golf & tennis tournaments.
- Short drive to Torrey Pines State Park for some of the most scenic hiking.
- 10 miles from the San Diego County Fairgrounds, Del Mar Race Track, and Torrey Pines Golf course.
- The San Diego Zoo, Sea World, San Diego Bay and Coronado Island ferry are a half-hour drive or a Coaster train ride away.
- Head north on the I-5 to San Onofre State Beach, the San Clemente Pier, and San Juan Capistrano.